Warehouse Personnel – Party & Events Industry
Position Tasks & Activities:
- Loading company trucks:
- Move equipment according to computer generated list to staging area, ensuring accuracy and quality.
- Prep equipment, if necessary, prior to loading.
- Check off each piece of equipment as loaded.
- Secure equipment to vehicle according to company procedure.
- If there is something that can’t be loaded, call the supervisor.
- Be responsible for everything loaded. (Count and inspect it.)
- Turn in completed load sheets to supervisor.
- Load all miscellaneous supplies such as allan keys, dollies, cleaning solution and rags etc.
- Unload and load equipment when accompanying driver.
- Ensure that all items have been delivered and equipment was checked over with customer prior to departure.
- Unloading company trucks:
- Check off each piece of equipment.
- Assist driver in unloading equipment.
- Put everything in proper place as it comes off the truck.
- Inform supervisor if trucks come back poorly loaded, trash in trucks, damaged equipment, etc.
- Perform deliveries with delivery driver, offering assistance to and supporting operations.
- Equipment must be ready in advance of loading date — check with supervisor to get all deliveries ready.
- Greet and assist customers with loading and unloading of rental equipment. Be sure customer understands proper usage and safety features of rented equipment.
- After cleaning, thoroughly check operation of equipment and look for missing fasteners, parts, etc.
- If items are not working properly or have missing parts, be sure to properly complete service tags and notify supervisor.
- Keep warehouse and dock areas clean and neat — keep all shelves free of dust, keep floor swept, etc.
- Notify supervisor if stock for service area is running low (cleaning supplies, fasteners etc.)
- Keep all rental equipment clean and neatly organized, per instruction.
- Communicate any issues or concerns immediately to supervisor.
- Report safety violations immediately to supervisor.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business. (ex. Laundry, dishwashing etc.)
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
The work is typically very physical and demanding, both from strength requirements and the stamina required. Will help customers and delivery personnel load and unload vehicles. Will also help maintain inventory. Shipping and receiving functions, from light to heavy, are also performed. Janitorial responsibilities, both inside and outside the premises, are also involved. May be asked to assist in performing early morning pickups of equipment (example 2am.) Will be required to work more than 40+ hours per week during busy period.
Must stand for long periods of time. Most work will be indoors with general warehouse conditions, in which some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. This job requires constant interaction with co-workers and with the public. This position requires frequent lifting and a significant degree of walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent Diploma is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must possess customer relation skills.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Must be able to understand and follow instructions furnished in written, oral and scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
Reports to: Warehouse Manager / Supervisor